Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tax tweets on Twitter

Sorry. I appreciate that few regular readers of the TaxBuzz blog will be familiar with Twitter. It's a microblogging service and I recently wrote a piece on my ambitious accountants blog explaining why Twitter is not for accountants.

Having said that I thought I would share on here a selection of the of the UK tax related comments that I have picked up from Twitter in recent days and at the end I've asked a question. I would stress that these have all been posted by third parties:

19 Jan
Just recieved a letter from the Inland Revenue that was posted on 17th Dec 08, so only a month late. Big Ups to Royal Mail on that one!

Inland Revenue's helpdesk: "We are too busy to answer your call" - *Click*. Astounding.

16 Jan
I know a dude who's found a bug on Inland Revenue's site. He's been in touch but he keeps getting 'not interested' mail back. What to do?

I just made a deal with the inland revenue, I feel so dirty.

14 Jan
About to phone up the inland revenue and give them hell. Oh yes.

Some people simply will not take 'No' for an answer. Particularly those employed by the Inland Revenue.

I've vanished off Inland Revenue's radar. Cant believe I'm actually trying to get back on it! Surely this is an ideal situation to be in! :D

11 Jan
ooh... make sure you leave 7 clear days ahead of deadline if doing a tax self assessment online and not already registered!

8 Jan
Inland Revenue's online services are now available to businesses. See your tax payments and liabilities. Functional, but a little clunky.

finally got answer from Inland Revenue. Only taken 15 weeeks. Ho hum

6 Jan
Well it's 03.42 and the inland revenue site is still not doing what I need it to surely it's not busy with traffic at this time

Question (this IS from me)
Do you see any value in tracking such comments made by people on Twitter? If not, are there any words/topics you might want to 'follow'?

1 comment:

  1. Like you I don't see any point at all in following these comments.

    The Chairman of HMRC should be though as should the Prime Minister and the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

    ReplyDelete